, ,

FEMA will set up Disaster Recovery Centers (DRCs) where people can file claims for assistance in communities which are particularly damaged. The County is working with FEMA to organize DRCs throughout the county as well as mobile DRCs where residents can file online or remotely.

Those eligible for assistance are impacted residents with eligible disaster related losses.

Damage must have occurred during the incident period of the declaration and be a direct result of the incident.

Eligible losses include non-insured damage/loss to primary residence, damage/loss to eligible personal property.

For more information, and to view the FEMA individual assistance application and required application information please visit https://www.disasterassistance.gov/

If you need further information or assistance you may also call the FEMA Helpline at 1-800-621-3362. This number is also for users of 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS). TTY users can call 1-800-462-7585. Helpline services are available 7 days a week from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m. ET.
Small businesses recovering from Ida damage may also qualify for disaster loan assistance from the Small Business Administration. For information please visit https://disasterloanassistance.sba.gov/ela/s/ or call 1-800-659-2955 (TTY/TDD: 1-800-877-8339)

Residents who need housing assistance should reach out to the County Department of Social Services. If you have a housing emergency you may call 914-995-2099.

In addition, those who have been displaced, will be eligible for funds for housing assistance, as well as crisis counseling, unemployment assistance, food purchases, home repairs and legal services. Click here for more information.

The state Department of Financial Services (DFS) Mobile Command Center is travelling to affected communities to provide help with insurance and storm recovery. The DFS hotline is (800) 339-1759, M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Click here for more information.

Hebrew Free Loan Society is initiating a program to allow people to apply for 0% loan. If people receive the loan, the value of the loan would be deducted from any aid they receive from FEMA. Maximum grant for needs assistance (for damage) is $35,500. If your maximum damage exceeds $35,500, it would not be deducted from FEMA aid.

Thanks to County Legislator Damon Maher, State Senator Harckham and United Way for the above information.